- K. Rajagopal is a three-time winner of the Singapore International Film Festival’s Special Jury Prize, and his films have been featured at international film festivals since 1996.
- Besides filmmaking, he has also worked onstage and collaborated with many notable theatre directors on projects such as Medea, Mother Courage and Beauty World.
- He performed as King Lear in The King Lear Project at the Kunstenfestivaldesarts in Brussels and at the Singapore Arts Festival in 2008, after an 11-year hiatus.
- In 2009, he played Faust in Film Faust for the Esplanade Presents Series.
- His first feature film, A Yellow Bird, premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in 2016.
Why Lapis Sagu?
“Social and economic integration between different nationalities are themes I have explored in my films, and revisiting this theme definitely piqued my interest in this project.
We all have experiences to share, and to pen it down and make it into a narrative may not be a simple process, but it’s definitely a worthwhile challenge. So persevere towards the best.”
Check out Rajagopal’s tips on what makes a good story.